AUTHOR INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING E-VIDEO PRESENTATIONS
As previously announced this year IFSO-EC 2020 is organized as a fully virtual conference. Apart from the virtual lectures we are planning so-called video library and also e-poster library. Within the video library each presentation has its own chat associated for people watching your e-video presentation, so you should make sure to be online at least some time during the Scientific Programme on 11 December to answer possible upcoming questions and make it a lively conference.
We have decided to let the authors of video presentations the possibility to create 1 slide 5 minutes video file with authors own voice comments that has to be pre-recorded by the author and uploaded to the provided link no later than 2 December.
The e-video presentation will be displayed during the whole virtual conference and also after until the end of January 2021.
Pre-recording your e-Video Presentation
The e-VIDEO presentation should be created as a 1 slide presentation in PPTX where the author inserts maximally one 5 minutes video file using Microsoft PowerPoint version 2013 or higher and where the authors can also add their voice comments.
- The easiest way to create the e-video for upload when using Power Point is to create a voice over PowerPoint. More information can be found at: Powerpoint or HERE
- Convert the voice over PowerPoint to MP4. More information can be found HERE
As an alternative there are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. In this method, you can show your face through the web cam if you would like and display your video slide as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording, and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
Audio/Video File Requirements
- All final files must be in MP4 Format
- There is no file size limitation, however, a bit rate of <1Mbps is recommended to ensure optimum playback experience for the users. To check the bit rate, right click on the file name, click on properties, go to the details tab, and look for total bitrate. If the bit rate is too high, please lower the quality to “Internet Quality” to create the MP4.
- Maximum e-Video time is 5 minutes.
Tips for recording
- Use an area as quiet as possible
- Avoid areas that have echo. Rooms should be fairly small. Sound damping with carpeting, curtains, furniture helps
- Use a good headset with its microphone close to the mouth, BUT away from the direct airstream of the mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using the default built-in microphones of the computer
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bit rate before recording the entire presentation. Adjust if needed
- When entering Power Point’s presentation mode, we recommend using the laser pointer (in full screen mode: right mouse click --> pointer options --> laser pointer)
- Remember dress code, business casual is preferred. Prefer white walls in the surroundings, light your face and do not position your camera against windows.
How and where to submit my Presentation
The upload functionality will be available from 23 November onwards on the virtual conference website. You will need to complete your upload no later than 2 December
. More details will be provided.